Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Poinsettia Gift Bag










This gift bag is made from ordinary lunch bags. It was a brainstorm from years ago that I make with my students every year. It can be adapted for other flowers by changing the colors. The 2nd photo shows how to cut the bags. I didn't use a template. I just folded in half and cut it from the middle to the edges in an S shape. Then I folded the 2nd bag in half and cut it from the edges to the middle in a U shape. The 3rd photo show how I painted the inside of the bags down past the cut lines. After the bags dry, you put the 4 petal bag inside the bag with the sepals. Place gift inside, then gather around below the petals and tie off with a ribbon. Shape the the leaves/petals. I finish it off by cutting a yellow piece of construction paper that I've fringed with the scissors. I then roll it in a cylinder shape and stick it down into the space in the top of the bag and gently tap down on it.





No comments:

Post a Comment