Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Card Gift Bags




Christmas is over and what do you do with all of those cards? I hate throwing them away, but I don't have room for all of the stuff in my life, so I decided to make mini gift bags out of them. Now I know that I will have to store them until next Christmas, but that's okay. I will have lots of little mini bags for gifts such as candy, cookies, bracelets, ornaments, perfume, etc... The way you assemble each card is dependent upon the layout of the card. I find the wide cards work best, but both types can be used. I first cut the front and back of the card apart. Then, I scored the cards about an inch on the sides, and an inch and a half at the bottom. I cut out 2 tabs out of one as shown in the picture. Put the front and back together and punch the holes for the handles, then assemble and glued the card. For interest, sometimes I put the card message on the outside of the bag. Afterwards, tie some ribbon for the handles and fill as desired.





No comments:

Post a Comment